Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:33:51 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Time" <dan@tictactoe.com>
Subject:   RE: Best behaved  drives for FreeBSD?

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:15:54 -0700, Time wrote:

>excerpt from Quantum's Web Site:

>Older Ultra ATA/33 or ATA/66 drives can be easily connected to the ATA/100
>interface without modifying existing software or components.

>the new Ultra ATA/100 drives will transfer data to and from
>the host at the host s slower speed.

Thanks for the info. I am going to re-look at the IBM drives
then. I have not placed the order for the Maxtor ones yet,
although I may keep the Maxtor due to price difference. I think
that the IBM drive on the 40GB range is about the same cost as
the 60GB from Maxtor in which case I would keep the Maxtor.

francisco
Moderator of the Corporate BSD list
http://www.egroups.com/group/BSD_Corporate