Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 20:55:18 -0600
From:      The Evil Anti-Rick <avalon@advicom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   anon ftp through ip tunnel

Has anybody had any trouble with setting up basic anon ftp service
through an ip tunnel?

   Using the Handbook as an example, I set up an anon ftp server for my
LAN--which seems to work nicely. I can send and receive files across my
ethernet switch all day without a hiccup.

   But access via an internet connect (through tun0), yeilds an odd
symptom:

   One can log in, navigate through directories and send files in, but
any attempt to get a file out will bomb, and the "get" request either
times out or must be stopped manually.

   What gives?

--R. Pelletier
Sys Admin, House Galiagante