Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2014 07:28:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: net-mgmt/icinga2: web interface with FreeBSD?

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014, O. Hartmann wrote:

> I was wondering if someone has successfully configured ICINGA2 on
> FreeBSD, using the Web-2 or even Web frontend.

I have a small Icinga2 setup.  It uses Icinga (1) for a web interface.

> ICINGA2 is successfully installed on my systems, also IDO on PostgreSQL.
>
> While almost EVERY Howto relates to Linux and a port/package
> called icinga-web,

As I understand it, icingaweb is still in development, and has not had a
release yet.  So the FreeBSD Icinga2 port still uses Icinga1 for a
standard CGI web interface.

> FreeBSD seems to be without any notes - not even the
> port has any informations about what  and where to find (I find it not
> very pleasant having to search for pgsql.conf, which is important for
> setting up the database and is located
> in /usr/local/share/examples/icinga2/... - a note in the pkg_message
> would be helpful).
>
> Well, I'm now back to ICINGA and try to configure io2db. As I
> understand the Linux HowTo, ido2db is taken from ICINGA 1 and is not a
> separate or ICINGA 2 specific facility. So, my thinking is that it must
> be possible to install and configure net-mgmt/icinga with only the
> ido2db portions and install/run port net-mgmt/icinga2 instead of
> net-mgmt/icinga.

I did not do any configuration of that part of it.  The default
pgsql.conf is in /usr/local/etc/icinga2/features-available/.