Date:      24 Jan 1998 05:19:49 -0800
From:      Christoph Toshok <toshok@Hungry.COM>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free netscape - good or bad ?

garman@phs.k12.ar.us writes:

> Garance A Drosehn writes:
> >
> > I think it's a good move for Netscape.  And to keep this somewhat
> > relevent to the hackers mailing list, it will be certainly a good
> > move for netscape on FreeBSD...   :-)
> >
> Well, all that remains to be seen, then, is to see whether or not the
> Netscape source code compiles with Lesstif :-) <tongue firmly planted in
> cheek...>

people have tried this before, with 0.81..  haven't heard of anyone
trying 0.82 - it might perform better.  0.81 had undefined symbols.

Frankly I would be surprised if lesstif is a viable alternative until
some time after we release the code.  We stress motif about as far as
it can go.  The navigator should provide *lots* of information on how
particular motif functions work (and what bugs exist in them :)

Christoph