Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:58:24 +-200
From:      Pekka Samuli Laine <pekkasamuli@koti.soon.fi>
To:        "'ports@FreeBSD.org'" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ghostscript-gnu-nox11 portversion 6.51 fails to build (FreeBSD 4.4)

Hi!

I found out what the problem is. If during driver installation you just
accept default drivers then some X-drivers will also be included
(those starting with x11*). Those X-drivers will need some
X-sources/libraries which doesn't exist (if you haven't installed X)
so the compilation will fail at some point. If you de-select X-drivers
during driver installation then everything will go smoothly. (Of course,
it would be nice that X drivers would be de-selected by default when
you install ghostscript-gnu-nox11.) I don't know exactly which X-drivers
are causing the problem -- I just de-selected them all.

Regards, PSL