Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:58:39 +1000
From:      mailbox@ezatech.com.au
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot addspare in Fbsd 7.0 - Rocketraid

Hello all,

I had a drive pop on me the other day.  I had setup the drives in RAID 1
via the controller ar0: 152627MB HighPoint v2 RocketRAID.  I got the
replacement drive, plugged it in all good but following the details on the
handbook,
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/raid.html, I
cannot add the drive to ar0.  Ive looked everywhere but cannot find any
details on the error.

# atacontrol status ar0
ar0: ATA RAID1 status: DEGRADED
 subdisks:
   0 ad8  ONLINE

# atacontrol list
ATA channel 5:
    Master: ad10 <ST3160813AS/CC2H> Serial ATA II
    Slave:       no device present

# atacontrol addspare ar0 ad10
atacontrol: ioctl(IOCATARAIDADDSPARE): Device not configured

Am I missing something?  I looked in the rocketraid bios setup but nothing
to change there.

Any help appreciated.

Ezat