Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 95 02:40:26 -0700
From:      mathieu schneilin <mathieu@io.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NEC SCSI controller

I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.0.5 from the CD-ROM.
The SCSI controller for the CD-ROM is a NEC CD-AT160, which uses
the Future Domain TMC-1610M-NEC chip set.
After booting from a FreeBSD boot floppy, the installation program
cannot find the CD-ROM. Would it work if I changed the SCSI IRQ number
or ROM BIOS address or I/O address ?
Available IRQs are 3, 5, 10, 11, 14, 15.
Available SCSI BIOS addresses are C800h, CA00h, CE00h, DE00h.
Available I/O addresses are 140h, 150h, 160h, 170h.

If changing these will not work, the choices are to buy another
SCSI controller or try Linux, is that correct ?

Thank you for any help or advice.
Mathieu.