Date:      Wed, 29 May 2013 08:50:05 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Ruben de Groot <fbsd-arm@bzerk.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org" <freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NETGRAPH not working on ARM?

On May 28, 2013, at 1:32 PM, Ruben de Groot wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:07:36AM -0700, Maksim Yevmenkin typed:
>> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Ruben de Groot <fbsd-arm@bzerk.org> =
wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>=20
>>> I'm trying to port an embedded bluetooth scanner running debian to =
FreeBSD on a RPi. De usb dongle is recognized as ubt0, but I can't get =
it to work.
>>>=20
>>> root@raspberry-pi:~ # service bluetooth start ubt0
>>> /etc/rc.d/bluetooth: ERROR: Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for =
device ubt0
>>=20
>> this should not be required if you are running devd(8). devd will
>> automatically issue start when device is attached.
>>=20
>>> In my custom kernel I have:
>>>=20
>>> # USB bluetooth
>>> options        NETGRAPH                # netgraph(4) system
>>> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH              # ng_bluetooth(4)
>>> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_UBT          # ng_ubt(4)
>>> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_HCI          # ng_hci(4)
>>> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_BT3C         # ng_bt3c(4)
>>> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_L2CAP        # ng_l2cap(4)
>>> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_SOCKET       # ng_btsocket(4)
>>> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_UBTBCMFW     # ubtbcmfw(4)
>>>=20
>>> But:
>>>=20
>>> root@raspberry-pi:~ # ngctl list
>>> ngctl: can't create node: No such file or directory
>>>=20
>>> Is Netgraph not supposed to work in freebsd-arm?
>>=20
>> you are missing more netgraph modules, NETGRAPH_SOCKET is missing for
>> sure. would it be possible to try and use modular GENERIC kernel =
first
>> and get it to work before try stripping things down.
>=20
> Thanks for your reply Max
> There is no GENERIC kernel ;). Unfortunately, on arm, my understanding =
is that loadable modules are not (yet?) supported. They are surely not =
being build.=20

We should be building modules for RPi and a few other
popular boards by default.

We should run some build tests to see how broken it
is before committing the one-line change.  It's been
a while since I tried building "all modules" =85.

Tim