Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:02:34 +0000
From:      Andrew Hotlab <andrew.hotlab@hotmail.com>
To:        <kewlpcs@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Partitioning

=0A=
On Tue=2C Aug 12=2C 2008 at 21:35:46 UTC=2C Michael James Wright wrote:

> Before i can install the freebsd operating system=2C i need to Partition =
the disc drive since
> i'm using Windows Vista Premium. how do i do up a boot - drive for the fr=
eebsd ??? as i'm
> using windows and freebsd on the same hard drive.=20

If you are experiencing FreeBSD for the first time=2C I suggest you to use =
a dedicated hard disk
for your first installation. If you can't=2C you may find useful to read th=
e Chapter 4 "Shared OS
installation" from the Greg Lehey's book "The Complete FreeBSD"=2C which yo=
u can download a
CC-licensed PDF version of at http://grog.evilcode.net/book.pdf.gz

Have a nice day.

Andrew

News=2C entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Get it now=
!
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx=