Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 13:52:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        brianch@us.ibm.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: print daemons

On 14-May-99 brianch@us.ibm.com wrote:
> I have followed the instructions in section 7 of the FreeBSD_handbook
> for setting up a parallel port printer.  I can communicate  with  the
> printer with the lptest command.  When I send files to the printer
> with the lpr command the
> error statement I get is that the jobs went to the queue but there
> are no daemons present.  How can I set up the print daemons?  The lpc
> command does not affect the printer queue.  What can I do?
>
> Thanks,  Brian

Brian,

Did you enable lpd?  It's off by default. Just type lpd to start it
now, and then enable it in /etc/rc.conf to make it run at boot.

Patrick

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9