Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:49:14 -0800
From:      "David Kalliecharan" <davidkallie@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xorg crashes on compile?

Hi,
I seem to have a problem with installing certian ports on freebsd, is it
possible to compile applications while runing in X? similarly to gentoo
linux? or must you run with no xserver running.
The problem I seem to have is that when a compile starts X starts to act
funny as though the refresh rate sticks and then rainbow colours in
horizontal lines appear on the screen. Then the system will crash asking for
fsck during boot up. When in console, the text becomes skewed and changes
colour and is unreadable. I am not sure if it has to do with my hardware but
here is what I have:

hp dv5000z model
AMD sempron +3300
1 GB ram
60 GB HD
ATI Xpress 200m

I cannot seem to find any information on this issue, any help would be
greatly appreciated! Thanks
--
Dave