Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:23:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      GTS Network admin <hostmaster@GTS.NET>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        jim@reptiles.org, woods@weird.com
Subject:   pty & tcsetattr

I had some PPPoE issues so I did a cvsup of FreeBSD 3.4 to
help fix them.  An unfortunate consequence of this is that
pty's seem to be broken now with respect to certain TERMIO
operations, which breaks my VPN system completely (thus
leaving the client in question with a partly broken WAN).

This command line:

	pty-redir /usr/local/bin/ssh -e none -l toor  -t -o 'BatchMode yes' la-gw echo hi

returns the pty name string from pty-redir, and an error message
from ssh (the /usr/ports/security/ssh version) which says:

	tcsetattr: Invalid argument

This message comes from the enter_raw_mode() function in the
clientloop.c module in the ssh-1.2.27 distribution.  An attempt
to substitute cfmakeraw() in the above function had no visible
effect.

I am not on your mailing list, so please direct any replies to
hostmaster at gts.net - any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce Becker	Network Administration	Toronto, Ont.	Vox: +1 416 699 1868
Email:	hostmaster@gts.net