Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 2004 17:13:39 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SORBS lists mx2.freebsd.org as open relay

I was adding RBL blacklisting to my qmail setup, with rblsmtpd using
some blacklists which a couple folks on inet-access suggested.  I
noticed it logging connections from mx2.freebsd.org as being in SORBS:

rblsmtpd: 216.136.204.119 pid 45632: 451 Open Relay See: http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=216.136.204.119

That web page indicates port 25 is an open relay, failing a test
on April 7 2004 01:46:38 GMT, relaying from relays@sorbs.net, to
spamtest@sorbs.net.

I manually confirmed their test, it appears as if it's a relay.
This seems surprising since I know you guys have clue.

When I test using some of my own addresses, it says

  Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

So is mx2.freebsd.or intentionally relaying from/to SORBS? On purpose?
To fool it into thinking it's a relay when it's not? Any other ideas?

I'd like to use some semi-reputable RBLs but can't afford to block
freebsd mail.

Thanks.