Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2004 01:24:59 +0200
From:      Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
To:        clement@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: inn-2.4.1_1

Hello Clement,

Your Port doesn't seem to work. I tried to start Inn several times
after I had made a fresh install.
Nothing happens. If you run an "inncheck", it says

---
/usr/local/news/bin:./inncheck
innconfval: hostname does not resolve or domain not set in inn.conf
/active:0: file missing
/control.ctl:0: file missing
/expire.ctl:0: file missing
/incoming.conf:0: file missing
/inn.conf:0: file missing
/moderators:0: file missing
/newsfeeds:0: file missing
/nntpsend.ctl:0: file missing
/overview.fmt:0: file missing
/passwd.nntp:0: file missing
/readers.conf:0: file missing
---

As you can see, it supposes the etc files to under /.
But there are at /usr/local/news/etc is this case. The only compile
option I used was WITH_TAGGED_HASH.

Did you maybe do some FreeBSD specific changes to Inn and something
went wrong? People told me that something may be wrong with
lib/innshellvars.pl

--
Best regards,
 Jochen                          mailto:incmc@gmx.de