Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 16:44:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Ian Pallfreeman <ip@mcc.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   newer sound stuff?

I'd be obliged if somebody could fill me in on the plans, if any, regarding
the OSS (nee Voxware) stuff bundled into FreeBSD. The "current" version is
positively ancient.

I'm looking for GUS PNP compatibility. The version which I picked up from
rah.star-gate.com, though it compiles with just one minor change, doesn't
appear to work very well with 3.0 -- it whines about DMAs being already in
use, and hangs when a file more than a few K long is shoved out /dev/audio.

TIA,

Ian.