Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 15:15:53 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gartner group article

On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 at 10:35:47PM -0600, Wes Peters wrote:
> Thomas Gellekum wrote:
> >
> > "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:
> >
> > > Hmmm.  But...  I always thought the fortunes database to be something
> > > of a sacred cow. :-)
> >
> > It's more like a mad cow, partly. :-)
> >
> > I have a couple of quotes I'd like to add (don't we all?  ;-)). Should
> > we just start fortunes3? What about foreign-language fortunes?
>
> Does it still include "Never play leapfrog with a unicorn" and "Do
> something big today, fuck a giant?"

(Slightly edited output - cut the prefixes to fit 80 columns)

eivind(bitbox)--% grep leapfrog.\*unicorn /usr/src/games/fortune/datfiles/*
fortunes:A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
fortunes2:A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
fortunes2:A truly wise woman never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.

eivind(bitbox)--% grep fuck.\*giant /usr/src/games/fortune/datfiles/*
fortunes-o.real:Do something big -- fuck a giant
fortunes2-o:Do something big -- fuck a giant.

Was it really necessary to ask?  :-)

Eivind.