Date:      Mon, 05 May 2008 10:54:59 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   What's the proper procedure for responding to PRs with patches?

A PR was submitted recently regarding a problem with a port that I maintain.  I
deteremined what the problem was and created a patch for the Makefile and a
replacement for one of the patch files in FILESDIR.  I then started send-pr,
changed the TO; address to bug-followups and added a subject line referring to
the existing PR.

A new PR was opened anyway.  Obviously I don't know how to do this correctly.
What is the correct procedure when you want to respond to an existing PR by
submitting a patch for the problem?

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst