Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:14:43 -0300
From:      Carlos Laviola <carlos@laviola.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't get cvsup to work behind NAT

[ I'm not subscribed to this list yet, so please Cc: me on replies if
  you can. ]

Hi folks,

This is my first time installing and running FreeBSD, so I decided I'd
give it a shot in VMware first so I could be free to do stupid things.

Anyway, I have the system installed now, got some ports and all, and
wanted to check out RELENG_4_8 from a cvsup mirror to bring the system
up to date, but it just won't work.  Sometimes it gets stuck updating
src/UPDATING (to be sure, I erased it, and it manages to download it
again), but that's as far as it goes.  cvsup(1) says that if I can reach
the server's port 5999, I'm good to go.

Am I doing something wrong?

The host operating system behind VMware is Linux (Debian sid), by the
way.

Thanks,

--
Carlos Laviola <carlos@laviola.org>