Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:51:26 -0700
From:      "Gordon Price" <gordon@barmusic.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   5.2.1 custom kernel build fails with floating point exception error#1 during make on Cyrix 333 cpu

Folks!

    I just tried to add option IPFIREWALL etal + IPDIVERT to the GENERIC =
conf file and while doing make, the compiler errors out with error #1, =
floating point exception. If I make the kernel from GENERIC with no =
changes, it builds properly. There are 5 option lines I added at the =
bottom of GENERIC that I have been using for several years:

option   IPFIREWALL
option   IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
option   IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=3D100
option   IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
option   IPDIVERT

    I used the traditional kernel build method I have been using for =
years. Maybe the old Cyrix 333 which is a 686 class cpu is not supported =
anymore??

Thanks for you help!

R. Gordon Price
gordon@bsd1.rgptech.com