Date:      Thu, 17 May 2018 16:18:42 -0700
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@freebsd.org>
To:        "John W. O'Brien" <john@saltant.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>

John, no, not really, sorry. Work is done, credit is given. The form and
amount of this credit is between whoever does the work and whoever is being
credited. I don't see why is there any third-party to be involved in
governing whether or not this credit is "appropriate", "sufficient" or "all
encompassing" for the work in question. This is just a credit, it does not
affect the quality of work, nor the license (which is 2-clause BSD) nor the
copyright holder. Three things that really matter long-time. So "Sponsored
by" it's just the message on the t-shirt, having only meaning to whoever
produces the piece and whoever wears it, but nothing in particular to the
outside world. IMHO.

-Max