Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:59:32 -0700
From:      Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   lsvfs(1) removal ?

	Hi all,

I have been doing some work in my perforce mux_nmount branch on struct
vfsconf.  I had to create a struct xvfsconf for userland because the
consequences of an ABI breakage for struct vfsconf are really horrible
(in short, none of the mount(8) utilities would work).  I've also
redesigned the way it is exported to userland (vfs_sysctl() was just a
huge pile of crap) and converted the userland utilities to use the new
API.

I was about to convert lsvfs(1) too but after having thought about it,
I'd rather remove it entirely.  It doesn't seem to serve any useful
purpose except being able to tell which filesystem the running kernel
supports, which can be as easily done with kldstat -v.  So I intend to
remove lsvfs(1) unless someone has sensible objections.

Maxime