Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:51:31 +0200
From:      Karol Kwiatkowski <karol.kwiat@gmail.com>
To:        Howard Goldstein <hg@queue.to>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thunderbird 2.0 dumps core on second file open op

Howard Goldstein wrote:
> Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:
>>
>> Howard Goldstein wrote:
>>> 1. start thunderbird
>>> 2. ^M or click on the write message label
>>> 3. attach any file
>>> 4. send an email to self, garbage or empty message, take the default
>>> subject or change it to garbage.
>>> 5. ^M to compose another message
>>> 6. at any point from this point on , attaching a file will coredump
>>
>> If this helps I don't see the problem here (thunderbird-2.0.0.0, all
>> ports up to date). Details below.
>
> Do you by chance have openldap23-client installed?

Yes, I have:

# pkg_info -Ix openldap
openldap-client-2.3.35 Open source LDAP client implementation

> Yesterday I
> promised to rebuild with the default make.conf CFLAGS but in the interim
> gnome2 was installed which comes with openldap23-client apparently, and
> now the mere presence of openldap is forcing a fatal build error
>
> [blahh blah blah]
>
> gmake[5]: Entering directory
> `/usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/directory/c-sdk/ldap/libraries/liblber'
>
> cc -o decode.o -c   -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/nss
> -I/usr/local/include/nss/nss -pipe -I/usr/local/include   -g -pipe -ansi
> -Wall -pthread -O -g -fPIC  -DDEBUG_root  -DMOZILLA_CLIENT=1 -DDEBUG=1
> -DXP_UNIX=1 -DFREEBSD=1 -DHAVE_BSD_FLOCK=1 -DHAVE_LCHOWN=1
> -DHAVE_STRERROR=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE=1  -DFORCE_PR_LOG -D_PR_PTHREADS
> -UHAVE_CVAR_BUILT_ON_SEM -DUSE_WAITPID -DNEEDPROTOS    -DNET_SSL
> -DNO_LIBLCACHE -DLDAP_REFERRALS     -DNS_DOMESTIC
> -I../../../ldap/include
> -I/usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/dist/./include   decode.c
> In file included from decode.c:52:
> lber-int.h:121: error: syntax error before "LDAP_CALLBACK"
> lber-int.h:130: error: redefinition of typedef 'Seqorset'
> /usr/local/include/lber.h:164: error: previous declaration of 'Seqorset'
> was here
> lber-int.h:149: error: syntax error before "ldap_x_iovec"
> lber-int.h:165: error: syntax error before "BERTranslateProc"
> lber-int.h:187: error: syntax error before "LDAP_IOF_READ_CALLBACK"
> lber-int.h:198: error: syntax error before "LDAP_X_EXTIOF_READ_CALLBACK
>
> -I /usr/local/include is what's doing it, it continues the build when
> manually stripping /usr/local/include from this directory's build
> options but it breaks later on as well.
>
> A very few google hits on this error, none of which lead to fix or
> workaround.

You'll probably need to update some of the dependencies first but that's
only an uneducated guess. Those ports build fine here. Maybe ask
@freebsd-ports or @freebsd-gnome?

Cheers,

Karol

- --
Karol Kwiatkowski   <karol.kwiat at gmail dot com>
OpenPGP 0x06E09309