Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:52:13 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson@telia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum dangling vnode & GEOM stripe problems

--9EcD8ceaIJQ9M/mU

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 12:55:44AM +0200, Daniel Eriksson wrote:
+> Problem #2:
+> Yesterday I was playing around with the GEOM stripe module, and it messed
+> the machine up pretty bad when trying to create a simple 2 disc stripe. =
It
+> made all the discs that were attached to ataraid arrays time out, which
+> resulted in the stripes getting crashed, and then it eventually panicked=
 in
+> some vfs function.

GEOM_STRIPE class is rather simple and I tested it quite well, I think.
Could you run regression tests?

	# cd /usr/src/tools/regiression/geom_stripe
	# ./runtests.sh

+> As soon as I have added more swap I'll post a more detailed error report.
+> Just wanted to throw this out as it seems to be very easy for me to
+> reproduce the panics.

Great.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org