Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:10:39 -0800
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        "Lundberg, Johannes" <johannes@brilliantservice.co.jp>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Pandaboard?

On Dec 22, 2013, at 1:25 AM, Lundberg, Johannes =
<johannes@brilliantservice.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi
>=20
> I have seen some blogs etc that claims to have successfully run =
FreeBSD on
> Pandaboard ES but I can't seem to be able to duplicate the results.
>=20
> I tried with 10.0-releng and 11.0-current source and latest version of
> crochet. Building is done on an amd64 machine.

I got my PandaBoard ES to (minimally) boot a long time ago
and used that to put support into Crochet.

But I=1B$B!G=1B(Bve not had time to try it recently.

> Creating image is no problem but boot halts early at USB / MMC =
routine..

So basically, it sounds like:
 * Crochet is correctly building the boot bits and assembling the image.
 * The kernel is broken.

I would suggest you next try adjusting
sys/arm/conf/PANDABOARD:

* Uncomment INVARIANTS, WITNESS, and DIAGNOSTIC
   Maybe you can get more information about exactly what is
   failing.

* Remove drivers and see if the boot gets any further.

I would love to get the PandaBoard working; with a gigabyte
of RAM and a dual-core processor, it should have significantly
better performance than the RPi and BeagleBones.

Tim