Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:59:33 -0800
From:      "James Strother" <jstrother9109@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot hangs on thinkpad x40

Hi,

I recently installed FreeBSD 7.1-Beta2 on my IBM thinkpad X40.  Everything
works fine while the system is connected to the dock, but when I boot with
the dock disconnected the system hangs.  With verbose logging enabled it
appears to hang at either acpi_cmbat or acpi_acad (they appear to run in
parallel and which prints the last error message appears somewhat random).

I've found several threads related to FreeBSD having difficulty with
thinkpads that have the second ata enabled, so I've disabled that but
am still having the same difficulty.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?  Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks,
   Jim