Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 01:41:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   fails to recognize any PCI cards (PicMG)

Hi,

I have three servers with PicMG motherboards that I'm trying to convert
from Windows NT to FreeBSD. I don't have much experience with this type of
setup (passive backplanes), so you'll have to excuse me if I'm missing
something obvious.

I've tried installing FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE and 3.1-RELEASE on these
servers, however they fail to recognize any PCI cards (Adaptec 2940UWs,
Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 Bs).

Just to see what would happen, I tried install Redhat 5.2 on one of the
servers. It installed fine.

Is there any way to get FreeBSD working on this motherboard? Some special
patch or kernel build? Any help would be appreciated.

PicMG
Model: PCI-14S
Ver: B

Thanks in advance,