Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 23:38:08 -0400
From:      David Heller <dheller1@rochester.rr.com>
To:        George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Viewer for TIFF-F files (Online FAX services, etc.)

George Sollish wrote:

> On Tue, 9 May 2000, David Heller wrote:
>
> > Try xnview at http://www.xnview.fr.st supports over 150 graphic formats.
> > Installs very easily to FreeBSD
>
> Just dl'd xnview off the site, and install on my 4.0-R box fails with an
> 'unknown system' error.  Did you get it to run on 4.0?
>
> George E Sollish        Chief Engineer           Auto Gear Equipment
>                         Host                     Classic-FM's Listening Room
>                         Project Manager          The Payne Lake Project

I went to there website today and noticed the current version of xnview
is 1.14 I'm using 1.12 on 4.0-stable and it works. however I did
download the new version 1.14 and it just prints "bad version of
libformat" when I try to run it. (I did not "install" it I just unpacked
it and typed ./xnview) You might try contacting the author and see if
you can get 1.12.

Regards,

Dave