Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:04:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Tom Torrance at home <tom@tomqnx.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perl5

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Tom Torrance at home wrote:

> This port fails when applying patches for FreeBSD.

If you're monstrously annoyed at it merely being broken, then I guess I
can understand what you wrote ... but if you wanted help, you have to
give enough info, so that someone else can figure out why it broke for
you.

How about including the actual error listing, the date on the perl5
port's Makefile (so we can tell the age of it) the date on your
/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk file, and the FreeBSD version you're running.

Anything else that pops into your mind is fine, too, Tom.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).