Date:      Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:45:37 -0800
From:      Darren Pilgrim <phi@evilphi.com>
To:        "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC/P] Port System Re-Engineering

Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
>> Too much talk from people not willing to do the heavy lifting.
>
> There have been a number of serious attempts and in depth research
> into various ports system issues (I still need to wade through a
> rather long one sent to me privately)... an other question did you
> read the preamble to this thread at all? (where it says I have
> volunteered to do the "heavy lifting" for anything that comes out this
> discussion [two others privately asked to also be involved])

What he's saying is that there have been many before you who have
said and promised the same.  Ideas get hashed out and we build
amazing bike-sheds, but there has seldom been real product.  What
you have yet to do is distinguish yourself from history.

In short, patches please.  Until then, don't expect enthusiastic
encouragement.

--
Darren Pilgrim