Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2011 03:37:48 +0100
From:      Paul Schenkeveld <freebsd@psconsult.nl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sis(4) broken on 8.2 [Re: Carp seems completely broken on 8.2-RC2 and 8.2-PRERELEASE]

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 02:26:24PM -0800, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> > Since you didn't post dmesg output I'm not sure what kind of
> > controller you have but I guess it would be NS8381[56]. I
> > overhauled sis(4) to make it work on all architectures so one of
> > change, probably r212119, could be cause of the issue. Due to lack
> > of SiS controllers I didn't touch multicast handling part so some
> > part of code still relies on old wrong behavior of driver.
> > Would you try attached patch and let me know whether it makes any
> > difference?
> >

> Hmm, unfortunately it seems the patch above may not work since NS
> data sheet says that filter function should be disabled before
> touching other bits in the register.
> Try this one instead.

As far as I can tell, both patches work for me.  Your second patch is
on my production firewalls now so if anthing comes up over the
coming days I'll keep you informed.

I've tested carp, both failover to backup and fallback (preemption)
with IPv4 and with IPv6, all seems to work now.

Thannks again for your patches, hope you can get them into 8.2.

Regards,

Paul Schenkeveld