Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:50:09 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't connecto to www.freebsd.org

On Thursday 27 September 2007 21:38:02 Schmehl, Paul L wrote:

> > I write this mail cause from 15 days ago (more or less) I can't connect
> > to www.freebsd.org typing the address on Firefox. Pings are resolved and
> DNS has nothing to do with pings.

Sure it does. ping <hostname> resolves address via DNS. Which is why I'm more
thinking of bogus HTTP_PROXY (which fetch(1) would show) or an ISP forced
transparent proxy which uses a stale DNS record. 15 days ago the website
outage and sparked a load of me too mails on this list. I haven't checked if
DNS was updated at the time, but it makes sense.

--
Mel