Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:51:50 +0200
From:      "DA Forsyth" <d.forsyth@ru.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cron output mail contains no recipient address

Hiya all

Ever since I upgraded my backup server to 7.2R (via source compile)
cron jobs that produce output that used to be emailed to me now fail
with a report of
"contained no recipient addresses"
on the receiving server.

Mail setup is very basic, just exim that delivers to the main server.
A command like
ls | mail -s " test" root
will work fine, it is only the cron outputs that have no to: line
(root is aliased in the /etc/aliases)

Any ideas?  Google has been unhelpful, so far

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research