Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2016 10:07:48 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Ren=E9_Ladan?= <rene@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-translators@freebsd.org, Groff TheBSDGoat <bcr@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Phabricator review for Pootle 2.7.2 available

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016, René Ladan wrote:

>> On Tue, 16 Feb 2016, René Ladan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I just created https://reviews.freebsd.org/D5305 which contains an
>>> update for the current Pootle 2.5.1.3 to version 2.7.2.
>>>
>>> It does not pass all tests yet, so I'm not really confident to commit it
>>> yet.
>>>
>>> Feel free to add comments, subscribe, or even improve the patch.
>>>
>>> As indicated in the test plan, I might set up a test instance on my
>>> server.
>>

>> Thank you for working on this!
>
> I set up a test instance of Pootle 2.7.2 on my server on port 8000
> using the 'pip' method as described on
> http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/pootle/en/latest/server/installation.html
>
> For now this is only available locally as it is probably insecure and
> not hooked up to a sub-domain of rene-ladan.nl yet.
> Although the instructions are a bit Linux-centric, the 'pip'
> installation was not that hard, no modifications other than to
> pootle.conf were necessary.
>
> The next steps will be running some tests and see if the port needs
> changes (I remember some tests failing, but maybe that happens with
> the 'pip' installation too).
> After that, deploy it on the cluster?

This is excellent work!  We have Pootle as one of our topics to discuss
at the doc working group at BSDCan in June.  My remaining questions with
it are mostly about how it would be integrated with our existing doc
structure.  Can we add it as an option but still allow translators to
use local PO editors if they wish?

Thanks!