Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 05:09:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        sandy@divre5.telkom.co.id (Arisandy)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Login screen?

> how can I change my login screen
>
> ??
> FreeBSD (daemon.divre5.net) (ttyp0)
>
> login:
> ??
>
> local or via telnet from ther computers?

This is done by getty.  edit /etc/gettytab, and change the line that says
"im="\r\nFreeBSD......" to whatever you want.  If you want just "login:"
dont put anything there.

Hope this helps :)

> happy computing,
>
>    <~~,               mailto : sandy@divre5.telkom.co.id
>    <~~'   starring at your windows with a sunduk in my hand

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)
AlternativeNet Server Administrator: inferno.alternativenet.org

Microsoft: How long do you want to wait today?
FreeBSD Rules!  Micro$oft Sucks!  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/