Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:23:11 -0700
From:      George <jirka@5z.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GDM 2.4.0.x & FreeBSD

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 12:57:09PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > Perhaps we can't dup into those original fd's, though dup2 should do the
> > close for us.
>
> That's what I thought.  I think I may actually have tried this, but I'll
> get it another shot and let you know how it goes.  Thanks for your help.

My other thought is that the first three fd's are somehow poisoned until we
exec or some such, so perhaps we'll need to use fd's > 3 for this.  However
I'm not sure how far to take this.  If this is just for the slave I think
we're OK and I can do that change.  Tell me if the above doesn't work and I
can try to make a patch for you to use different numbered fd's, and we can
try that too.

George

--
George <jirka@5z.com>
   The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.