Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:42:44 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "'Greg Lewis'" <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tomcat 3.2.3 under jdk1.3.1p6-native threads

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 02:42:42PM +0100, Koster, K.J. wrote:
> > And here I've been assuming you wanted people to test and
> > find bugs for you to fix... :).
> >
> Forgive my ignorance, but will native threads work on a recent -stable, or
> do I need -current?

Native threads will "work" on a recent -stable.  Current is right out.  For
native threads define "work" as "will work under most circumstances but has
known problems".

> I plan to run our Orion load test on FreeBSD's native JDK, since it stresses
> all the corners of a JDK, and threading in particular.
>
> I have time to run tests and patch-and-rebuild JDK's but no time for active
> debugging.

Green threads should pass this test, native threads may well blow up :)

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com