Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 1995 16:00:36 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        hsu@cs.hut.fi (Heikki Suonsivu)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com, ohtroute@niksula.hut.fi
Subject:   What interface to use for configurable routing priorities?

<<On Wed, 25 Jan 1995 15:10:01 --200, hsu@cs.hut.fi (Heikki Suonsivu) said:

> We need various information passed to and from kernel,
> - priority of a network (source & destination),
> - priority of a protocol,
> - tuning the effect of various other parameters, like length of packets,
> - bandwidth limits (for interfaces or routes),
> - getting statistics.

Various bits of this should use sysctl, and per-interface bits should use an
ioctl.  Per-route bits should use the pre-existing routing interface
to set a value in the route metrics.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.