Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:27:08 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NT vs FreeBSD

On Mon, Aug 24, 1998 at 09:09:21PM +1200, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 24 Aug 98, at 15:33, Craig Beasland wrote:
>
> > Also, a well built NT box is more secure than a poorly built BSD one -
> > wouldn't you agree.
>
> Is the above indeed what you meant to say?  I would have expected
> something like 'less secure' to be mentioned on a FreeBSD mailing list.

I would say that FreeBSD is significantly more secure 'out of the box'
than NT, and can be made more so by someone who knows what they are doing.
Of course, if your security person is clueless, all bets are off no matter
how good the OS.  I would also say that a 'BSD admin is more likely to be
clueful, since they have to do more than just point'n'click :)

Just my $0.02 worth.....

	Scott