Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 00:13:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Kenneth P. Stox" <ken@stox.sa.enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Linux PR firestorm disaster (w.r.t. FreeBSD)

<RANT MODE>

OK folks, let me make this clear, GET A CLUE!!

The endless bickering between a minority of the Linux and FreeBSD
communities is completely counter-productive. Positioning FreeBSD against
Linux is about as useful as getting a job for the Microsoft PR department
as far as getting the real goals achieved.

	1) FreeBSD developments have helped the Linux community.

	2) Linux developments have helped the FreeBSD community.

	3) FSF developments have helped both communities.

Let's keep it that way, and work off each other's strengths, instead of
picking apart each other's weaknesses.

We should be making allies of the Linux community and encourage them to
make allies of us. FreeBSD and Linux can complement each other. We should
be working to that end.

Just a silly thought to put into you heads, have you ever thought that
just maybe, the instigators of many of these arguments in public forums
just might be professional Microsoft evangelists ? We might be playing
right into their hands. Does the idea of "Divide and conquer" come to
mind?

 </RANT MODE>

And now back to our regularly scheduled program, "The Golden Age of
Ballooning."

-Ken Stox
 stox@fnal.gov
 stox@imagescape.com