Date:      Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:13:39 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: on demand virus scanning of XP share

On Thursday 09 June 2005 11:28 am, dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     I've got clamav installed on a 5.4 box and i'm trying to use it
> to do demand scanning of a windows XP machine. I'm atempting to mount
> the system's C$ share, but although it shows up in the listing of
> smbclient -L //SystemName -N atempting to mount it via mount_smbfs
> mount_smbfs //user@SystemName/C$ /mnt
> produces either a timeout error or an address not found message
> depending on whether the -N option is used. Is this possible what i'm
> atempting to do? Thanks.
> Dave.

I accomplished something very similar using clamav and sharity-light.
Sharity-light allows you to mount Windows shares; and can be found in
the ports at /usr/ports/net/sharity-light.

Dru Lavigne published a tutorial regarding sharity-light at:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2000/07/12/FreeBSD_Basics.html

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould