Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:18:55 -0600
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@ub.edu.bz>
To:        Michael Banta <mbanta@bantacomputers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache

--FZIkiClxIZ9JeWSb

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 05:03:24PM -0500, Michael Banta wrote:
>=20
> Hello.
>=20
> I just installed Apache wilthout error.  I started apache and did a ps
> aux.  It appears to be running fine.  However I cannot bring up the
> default webpage.  Doing lynx localhost does not work.  I set the
> Servername variable in the config file to localhost, just to test.
> Everything appears to be in order.  Any suggestions?
>=20
> Thanks
> Mike

Does the machine have any type of firewall running?  What error does the
browser give you? Page not found? Connection refused?  Just to be sure
that Apache is listening on port 80, does `sockstat -l4 | grep httpd'
return results that indicate that Aapache is listening?  Is there and
index file at /usr/local/www/data?  Also, remember that once you edit
httpd.conf you must restart or HUP Apache.

Nathan
--=20
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D8527E49

--FZIkiClxIZ9JeWSb

--FZIkiClxIZ9JeWSb--