Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:49:33 +0600
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd5 and multiple route to send to clients

Hi.

On 18.03.2013 3:26, Yoann Gini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m Yoann. It’s my first message here so a little brief about me. I’m a OS X Server System Administrator and Trainer, actually working on a FreeBSD based setup for a simple service provider infrastructure.
>
> I currently setup a L2TP over IPSec VPN server with FreeBSD 9.1 and mpd 5.6.
>
> I’ve done with success my setup with radius authentication and all interesting stuff except for one thing that I can’t find on Internet.
>
> I need to push some routes to my clients to configure them to use the VPN interface to reach some private network available behind my server.

You cannot do this with a pptp or l2tp, they just don't have that ability.
You could do this using openvpn, but openvpn is a horrible mess of
weirdness and incompatibility.

Standard approach is either using remote pptp/l2tp peer as default
gateway, or creating a sticky route on the client side.

Eugene.