Date:      Fri, 08 Oct 1999 15:38:39 -0700
From:      whitehat@home.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kde/enlightenment

Sorry to be mailing again, but I have another important question.  I
managed to install KDE/FVWM95/Enlightenment/Netscape, however I get
these errors when I attempt to start them:

KDE:

kcontrol: cannot connect to X server
kaudioserver: cannot connect to X server
kaudioserver: audio system might not terminate at end of session
maudio: cannot open audio device
kwmsound: cannot connect to X server
kpanel: cannot connect to X server
kwm: cannot connect to X server
cr699733-a# kbgndwm: cannot connect to X server
kfm: cannot connect to X server

Fvwm95:

Fvwm-95: in function main: <<ERROR>> can't open display

Netscape:

Couldnt open /usr/libexec/ld.so.

Those are all the error messages that came up...I find it odd that they
can't connect to the X-server, as XFree86 works just fine when I do
"startx".  Can someone help?