Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:59:01 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cvsupd Example Files? - or defect to rdist!

Hi All,

I've just finished reading the cvsupd man pages, searching the mailing list
archives on FreeBSD.org and looking around the Web...

Does _anybody_ have any cvsupd example sourcefiles? - These are for the
server...

I have a number of small software packages that are being developed, and used
on our collection of several FreeBSD machines - I'd like to have one copy on a
'main' server, which is where all the development work is done, and then be
able to cvsup the other machines's copies, rather than all the hassle I go to
at the moment of creating TAR's and ftp'ing them...

The ability to pull specific versions off the server would also be handy
(which should be possible with cvsup etc.)

I beleive cvsupd will do this, but I can't get it setup - and I can't find any
example files...

Will rdist? (I think it is) do a similar job - Am I likely to have more
success with it?

Thanks for any info,

Regards,

Karl Pielorz