Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:40:25 +0200
From:      Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@gulbrandsen.priv.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: External monitors/projector

Par Leijonhufvud writes:
> I have a IBM Thinkpad R50e with 5.3 and x-org. Sometimes I want to
> use a projector as a secondary monitor (mostly with beamer style
> presentations). I haven't been able to find any good pointers on how
> to get it to use the external monitor/projector properly. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Ideal would be having the option of either have the screen and the
> external monitor/projector show the same things _or_ being treated as
> separate entities...

The former is easy. Press some button on your laptop 2-3 times.

The latter is sort of impossible, unless you cheat by using one of those
802.11 beamers. If you can find one of those, you at least have the
hardware to drive the beamer independently of your LCD. I haven't seen
one that can be driven using X, but then I haven't looked.

(Do you happen to know the origin of your last name?)

Arnt