Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:01:29 -0500
From:      harrisb@rcisd.org
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   DC driver real slow on 5.4/alpha 4100

I've seen the posts in the past regarding 5.3-RELEASE and the DE driver,
I'm having similar problems on a fresh 5.4 install on a 2 processor 4100.

When I run the interface in 100 Full   half or full duplex, throughput is
awful, ie; 8-10k/sec on ftp's.

If I run in 10 Full, same thing, but in 10 half, throughput goes up to the
700-850k/sec
ranges.   This is on a 'dc0' interface.   It's connected to a HP pro-curve
4108 and I've
checked for mismatch modes.

The man pages (4) on dc reference problems on either 100 modes.    I'd
sure like
to get better  throughput out of this card.

Bill Harris
Director of Technology
Royse City ISD
(972)-635-5050