Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:23:37 -0000
From:      "Greg Smith" <gregsmith59@hotmail.com>
To:        suleyman@echonyc.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: laptop as dual-homed host with two ethernet pccards

Ken,

>The pccard_ifconfig line in /etc/rc.conf seems to anticipate only one card
>and one address.

Indeed, rc.conf did not anticipate that usage for a FreeBSD machine.

>Is there a simple and elegant way to configure a different address and
>netmask for each interface in rc.conf?

Send me an email if you would like my "elegant" hack of a couple /etc files
(rc.conf and pccard_ether).  I also have an ed and an ep so if you like the
way I did it you are set (except you might want to fix your kernel to get
ed0 instead.)

HTH,

Greg