Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:54:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Angel Todorov <attcyber@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   new to porting

Hello,

I have recently decided to contribute to the FreeBSD
ports, and i have read the porters handbook. I have
some questions about stuff i haven't understood quite
much. First, how can I deal with the following
problem: I am porting a package, knewspost, which
depends on another package - newspost. newspost is
easily installed after some modification, but I don't
know how to write the knewspost so that newspost be
installed , too. RUN_DEPENDS doesn't work, because
newspost isn't in the ports tree. Should I first port
newspost and then use RUN_DEPENDS, etc? Also, I'd like
to ask how can I modify the locations of include files
that are searched by .c files. For example, most of
the headers in a certain package point to X11/*, but
in my case it should be /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h
(for instance).
Thanks a lot and sorry for any wasted time -;)

Angel