Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 14:02:37 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Use of the UNIX Trademark

This is incoddect because the TOG guidelines on their website) specifically
prohibit UNIX as spelled Unix, it must  be all caps.  They prohibit Unix-like
also.

>FreeBSD is one of many free Unixy [or unixy] OSes.

not allowed as per TOG instructions.

>FreeBSD is a near-clone of Un*x, evolving from a Un*x-branded code base.

I doubt TOG would care about this.  It's too far away from UNIX to matter -
they might
squawk but Un*x is not a registered mark. (as of yet)