Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:03:23 -0500
From:      "Andy Harrison" <aharrison@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kde and gnome/gtk font appearance...

I was wondering if anyone could explain this discrepancy in font appearance.

Here is how fonts appear on my desktop apps in gnome/metacity.

http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotkdegfpfa8.jpg

Here is how fonts appear by default in kde/kwin.

http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotkdewt9.jpg

And here is how fonts appear in kde/kwin after I manually run the
gnome-font-properties app.

http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotkdegfpuh0.jpg

I've tried kde with and without xfs as well as xfstt.  In kde control
center, I've configured it to use the same exact fonts and font sizes
as gnome-font-properties.  I've also set the anti-aliasing options to
match up.

So basically I'd like to run kde with my fonts appearing like they do
in gnome.  Does anyone have advice?  Is there some gnome program I
could have kde automatically launch to get the results I want?

I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p11, xorg-6.9.0_5, kde-3.5.5, gnome2-2.16.2.

--
Andy Harrison